[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature #7607: Add post processing hooks for Frontend Editing

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Feb 27 15:48:16 CET 2008

Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>  This doesn't follow the principle of adding new hooks always as
> interfaces, but I'm tempted to say that this just makes life simpler
> for so small and detailed hooks. I would be fine if we'd only use
> interfaces for the bigger things like e.g. hooks for introducing new
> cObjects to tslib_content or the like.

That was kind of my thinking as well.  A full interface feels like
overkill for this.
>  +1 based on reading, *IF* you have tested this in action already.

Yep, been tested very thoroughly with a frontend editing extension
we're working on.  There's also a test extension attached at the
bugtracker if someone wants to try that out.  Just install it and
moving content elements in frontend editing with TemplaVoila should
work again.

Thanks for the review!
Jeff