[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Feb 25 22:42:12 CET 2008

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> I am not even sure what that is. Will a PECL update contain a bugfix in
> TZ-handling of PHP? I mean all timezones work, just a "bunch" doesn't
> (including all half-hour-zones, but also all +0800-zones).

It can. Since 5.1 PHP uses its own TZ database. It is not updated too often in official distribution but users are free to do it manually. If TZ information is missing n the database, PHP will return 0000. Last update to TZ database was a month ago I think. So if you update, you can get newer TZ information and it may return proper values to you. My TZ version (PHP 5.2.5) was from August.

> As everybody seems happy with the missing tcemain fix, I will commit
> that and also change all usage of:
>
>   $tzOffset = (date('O')/100)*60*60

>   $tzOffset = date('Z')
>
> so that all half-hour-TZ-server-users are happy (at least under Unix).
>
> Any objections?

Ok for me.

--
Dmitry Dulepov