[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 25 21:22:42 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote: on 25.02.2008 20:51:

> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> i was wrong (missed to copy tcemain)
>>
>> so you're patch works for me.
>
> If it is the same patch as original (with tcemain changes), it should
> work. I remeber that piece well.
>
> Now the only problem we have is date('O') with half-hour time zones.
> Anyone is willing to install PECL update for timezone on Windows and test?

I am not even sure what that is. Will a PECL update contain a bugfix in
TZ-handling of PHP? I mean all timezones work, just a "bunch" doesn't
(including all half-hour-zones, but also all +0800-zones).

As everybody seems happy with the missing tcemain fix, I will commit
that and also change all usage of:

   $tzOffset = (date('O')/100)*60*60

   $tzOffset = date('Z')

so that all half-hour-TZ-server-users are happy (at least under Unix).

Any objections?

Cheers,
Ernesto