[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Mon Feb 25 20:46:27 CET 2008

Hi!

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] wrote:
> Your first message stated that on each save the time increases by
> "offset-difference" on client side, whereas I have never been able to
> reproduce that. In my scenarios on each save the time always increases
> the TZ offset to UTC on SERVER-side. Test it by yourself:

Correction accepted. I could mix up these two zones after 8 hours of testing and debugging on two servers.

> So with that reasoning I think that the tcemain-fix should do it, as it
> solves the problem here. Check?

I think it should solve the problem, yes.

The only thing that remains, is using getUTC to get local time back (to correct getTimezoneoffset() addition). While it gives correct numbers, I think at least a comment should be put there that these functions are not used for their direct purpose.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team