[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 25 18:46:08 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote: on 25.02.2008 18:22:

> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>> i tested your missing bugfix, and it doesn't work for me
>>
>> tested:
>> Client UTC +3
>> Server UTC +1
>>
>> entered 18:00 ...
>> after save 19:00 ...
>>
>> with every saving it increases one hour.
>
> Again this is what I reported in the very first message of the thread :D

Your first message stated that on each save the time increases by
"offset-difference" on client side, whereas I have never been able to
reproduce that. In my scenarios on each save the time always increases
the TZ offset to UTC on SERVER-side. Test it by yourself:

- clean TYPO3 4.2 from svn
- leave client TZ as you like
- change server TZ (under debian, run "tzconfig", then restart apache)
- the offset "jump" on each saving changes.

Then change your TZ setting in your client and try the same. You will
see that the "jump offset" on each save is constant.

So with that reasoning I think that the tcemain-fix should do it, as it
solves the problem here. Check?

Cheers,
Ernesto