[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 25 13:28:48 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote: on 25.02.2008 13:06:

> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>> - Client always sends UTC to the server
>
> At the moment it sends locatime+TZoffset (which is UTC+2*TZoffset)

Where are you seeing this? We always subtract the TZoffset in JavaScript
  (using "-xxx.getTimezoneOffset()*60"). So the date the client sends to
the server should be UTC.

>> - Server adds the server timezone offset to the UTC date and saves that
>
> Nothing is added at the moment before saving. That part was removed
> after Ernesto's patch was applied (don't know by whom).

I suppose that part was not even submitted by myself. It was send to
review and is therefore in the list, but I forgot to submit the tcemain
part of the patch, because I selected the files individually for
submitting (because I had other changes in my typo3_src) and the
t3lib_tcemain file was missing in my list.

Cheers,
Ernesto