[TYPO3-core] RFC #7626: Date/time handling is completely broken in 4.2

Ingmar Schlecht ingmar at typo3.org
Mon Feb 25 13:09:06 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry!

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
> Ingmar Schlecht wrote:
>> - Client always sends UTC to the server
>
> At the moment it sends locatime+TZoffset (which is UTC+2*TZoffset)
>
>> - Server adds the server timezone offset to the UTC date and saves that
>
> Nothing is added at the moment before saving. That part was removed
> after Ernesto's patch was applied (don't know by whom).

What I wrote is just what I understood to be Ernesto's intention. No
idea if that was really working in the code like that, but Ernesto
already said that one part of the patch was forgotten. Have you tried if
it works when the forgotten part of his patch is applied? (Of course the
obvious mistakes like wrong handling of "half time zones" (like offset
of 1:30) needs to be corrected, too...)

	Ingmar

--
Ingmar Schlecht