[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7588: Accesscheck for clearCache

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Mon Feb 25 10:29:50 CET 2008

"Helmut Hummel" <typo3 at jhpc.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1203769045.24099.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi Ingo,
>
> Ingo Renner schrieb:
>>
>> I just made it work like in the old backend so that only admins are
>> allowed to deal with the cache.
>
> So now the top menu is removed, when a user is not admin? This is bad from
> a users point of view. It really naged me (and my editors), that something
> like clear page cache (if allowed for user by user-ts), which affects the
> whole website, is only accessible by selecting a page in web-module.
>
>> Otherwise the old backend would need an adjustment, too.
>
> Strange arguing! The cleaner backend project is all about fixing
> inconsistent behaviour of old backend by starting something new and not
> implementing the same errors again because it must behave the old way...
>
> --
I agrree that i don't see the point with the old backend.
As this feature is "half" integrated (possible access with userTS) this
accesscheck is the logical add to enable cache clearing for editors with
that given rights.
btw - it's also easy to do the same check in alt_menu to enable this for old
backend.

vg  Steffen