[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7588: Accesscheck for clearCache

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Sat Feb 23 13:17:30 CET 2008

Hi Ingo,

Ingo Renner schrieb:

> I just made it work like in the old backend so that only admins are
> allowed to deal with the cache.

So now the top menu is removed, when a user is not admin? This is bad from a
users point of view. It really naged me (and my editors), that something like
clear page cache (if allowed for user by user-ts), which affects the whole
website, is only accessible by selecting a page in web-module.

> Otherwise the old backend would need an
> adjustment, too.

Strange arguing! The cleaner backend project is all about fixing inconsistent
behaviour of old backend by starting something new and not implementing the same
errors again because it must behave the old way...

--
lib.salutation = TEXT
lib.salutation.value = Kind regards, Helmut