[TYPO3-core] RFC #6220: Extended BE Module Web/Permissions

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Wed Feb 20 15:04:56 CET 2008

Benjamin Mack wrote:

Hi Benni,

> This is an SVN patch request in behalf of Andreas Kundoch who has
> trouble sending this patch to the core list, so I helped him.

so, is this also a +1 from your side already?

> Solution:
> As an add-on to the existing module »Web/Permissions« I added some
> functionality to provide convenient methods of changing the permission
> bitmask by clicking on the matrix as well as editing the owner and group
> in place. The »old way« ist kept and still available.

just tested it... before this can go into the core there should be some
changes:

* the legend explaining which position is what is at the bottom, however
when having a long list it is not convenient to always scroll up and
down all the time.
Therefore it would be of great help if the title when hovering the
settings would say "show page", "edit content", "edit page", "delete
page", "create page" instead of "change permissions"

* comments need to be indented with one more tab before committing

* all these print* methods should be named get* or render*

* $be_user_Array -> $users/$beUsers, $groupArray -> $groups/$beGroups,
generally use camelCase instead of under_scores for variable names

* return ($ret); -> return $ret; also, there's no need to split this
into two lines, but in general lines longer than 80 chars should be
avoided where possible:
$ret = '<span> ... </span>';
return ($ret);

* if it says internal, don't make it public, although it in fact is, at
least don't remove that comment, let's leave such things for a code
overhal in 4.3 or so:
-		// Internal, static:
-	var $MCONF=array();			// Module config
+	/**
+	 * Module configInternal
+	 * @var array
+	 */
+	public $MCONF = array();

* what's the reason here:
-	 *
-	 * @var mediumDoc
+	 * @var object

* what's the reason for not putting the styles into a css file?
+		// Adding special styles to the permissions indicators and selecot boxes
+ 		$this->doc->inDocStyles .= "

--- minor stuff ---

* as the settings are underlined now it looks quite strange, how about
replacing them with icons (maybe as a follow up)

* edit lock: is there now lock icon available in typo3/gfx/? (dimmed =
off / yellow = on)

* the dropdown should show the user as "John Doe (johndoe)" - also
possible as a follow up

* this currently doesn't work with EXT:be_acl installed - but this is a
different issue (maybe a follow up could also take care of this
important extension)

Ingo

--
Ingo Renner