[TYPO3-core] RFC #6220: Extended BE Module Web/Permissions

Benjamin Mack mack at xnos.org
Wed Feb 20 13:56:57 CET 2008

Hey guys,

This is an SVN patch request in behalf of Andreas Kundoch who has
trouble sending this patch to the core list, so I helped him.

Type: Feature (the one-more-thing for 4.2)

Branches: 4.2

Problem:
When you have to deal with large sites and complex page permssions the
current permissions module is slightly unhandy to fine tune permissions.

Solution:
As an add-on to the existing module »Web/Permissions« I added some
functionality to provide convenient methods of changing the permission
bitmask by clicking on the matrix as well as editing the owner and group
in place. The »old way« ist kept and still available.

Notes:
You can test this by applying the patch and the checking it out in the
Backend using the »Access« Module.

Regards
Andreas Kundoch

--