[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7573: Page properties: Make author and author_email visible instantly

Steffen Ritter info at rs-websystems.de
Wed Feb 20 13:32:32 CET 2008

Yes, there's not an overall decision how long it should be.
BUT If we look at search result in different search engines, we get to
know, no description is longer than about 160-180 chars.
I always advice people to limit ist to 160 chars, so I am +1 for limit
this field to 160 or 180.

In addition we should have a better helptext, showing off the difference
between the abstract and description field.
F.e:
description for search engines), limited to 160 cahrs
abstract: Page teaser for use in Website, may contain html, limited to
500 chars

kind regards

Steffen