[TYPO3-core] RFC: bug #3491: Linking between domains in the pagetree ignores simulate static documents

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Feb 19 10:43:48 CET 2008

Hi!

Georg Ringer wrote:
> just a question: Why is this new option not automatically enabled with
> config.typolinkCheckRootline=1
>
> When would I need config.typolinkCheckRootline=1 and no
> typolinkEnableLinksAcrossDomains ?

We need typolinkCheckRootline for backwards compatibility.
typolinkEnableLinkAcrossDomains is a good feature but I have feeling that it can be dangerous (link is created in the context of wrong site!). So it is disabled by default and requires manual enabling. If you enable it, you accept responsibility ;)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team