[TYPO3-core] RFC: Cleanup #7388: Gremlins in Taskcenter

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Mon Feb 18 16:57:36 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
>  I agree. As i mentioned the colorscheme i used (3 colors) are not
> final and i will change them for "old" skin if in general this patch
> is wanted ;-)
OK, I think the colors now are fine for t3skin so as long as we get
good colors for the old skin too I'm happy.

I tried to test the updated patch, but ran into more issues...

* The new patch is missing the TaskCenterMenu.js file.  I pulled it
out of the previous patch for testing, but just a heads up that the
file is missing.

* Disabled task center options should have a different background
color (or be hidden completely). I don't have an Export Presets set
up, but I still see the button and it behaves just like the active
ones do until I click it and it does nothing :)

* When I click enter a task center module (ex. Messages -> Inbox) the
menu collapses and the currently selected module is no longer shown as
active.

* When I come back into the task center from another part of TYPO3,
the previously selected menu items is no longer active. I assume this
is the same issue as the previous one.

At this point in time, I think I'd recommend holding off on this one
for beta2 for sure and maybe hold it for a bigger task center /
dynTabMenu cleanup later in 4.3.  It seems like we've got a lot other
stuff pressing (including good patches from you) and this is mostly
HTML cleanup.

Thanks,
Jeff