[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #7425: syntax error in temp_CACHE*.php

ries van Twisk typo3 at rvt.dds.nl
Wed Feb 13 18:20:41 CET 2008

On Feb 13, 2008, at 11:43 AM, Steffen Kamper wrote:

> "ries van Twisk" <typo3 at rvt.dds.nl> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> core at lists.netfielders.de...
>>
>> -1 from me
>>
>> Reason: Why spend extra processor time on something that doesn't
>> conform
>> to TYPO3 standards?
>> I know you can omit the end tag in PHP, but an extension developer
>> should
>> notice right away that his extension doesn't work properly when  he
>> omits.
>>

> Hi ries,
>
> i don't see the arguments,

This should be solved at the extension level, any developer would see
this directly...

> What is not conform to TYPO3 standards?

TYPO3 always 'required' to have ending PHP tags for these files that
would have been cached for years..

> What is wrong when we merge php-files and strip out all opening and
> closing
> tags, and additional stripping a possible error?

See above, I feel that it needs to get solved in the extension not in
core.
I also tend to think it might be prone to additional errors.

I am not a regex guru.. but from what I read you simply replace <?php
and ?> with a empty string.
What if 'some where' in the file there is a text with <?php or ?> (for
whatever reason) then you replace
the wrong characters.

> What is wrong with 2 lines regexp while writing cachefile, does it
> hurts
> processor time?
All bits and pieces takes cycles...

> What is operating on windows and having whitspace problems, and only
> solution is to ommit the end tag?

I don't understand that.... a PHP file is transparent to the OS, yes
white spaces/lines would need to get stripped before and after the PHP
tags.
But this is not a core problem.

Best place to detect these problems is when a extension get's uploaded
to TER,
not during runtime of TYPO3.

Ries