[TYPO3-core] RFC: Cleanup #7388: Gremlins in Taskcenter

Jeff Segars jsegars at alumni.rice.edu
Wed Feb 13 16:13:10 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote:
>  Hi,

>  this is a SVN patch request.

>  Branches: Trunk

>  Bugtracker Reference:
>  http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7388

>  Problem:
>  Taskcenter uses dynTabMenu which has
>  * HTML table layout
>  * obsolete JS-Code
>  * difficult to style
>  * Status of Menu is only saved in temp. JS-Vars

>  Solution:
>  I replaced this menu with a normal ul-list and added a prototype
> script for expand/collapse and the status is saved in Usersettings
> via Ajax.

>  I also removed the height-bug when edit a record in taskcenter.

>  vg  Steffen

Hey Steffen,
Thanks for the work on this. Can we open up a new ticket for it
though? I didn't realize it had been grouped with the other CSS
gremlins and that patch has already been committed separately.  A
couple other comments from testing...

* We probably need separate styles for typo3/stylesheet and t3skin to
account for the different color schemes.  Right now, it all seems to
be targeted at t3skin but is in typo3/stylesheet * When Task Center
data is saved into BE_USER->uc, would a camel-case taskCenter be
better than TaskCenter to stay consistent with other ->uc data. * I'm
not sure about the gray background for the active menu item.  When I
look at it, the first thing that comes to mind is that the item is
disabled. * Can we add the top margin of -1px that we discussed
earlier to get rid of the two pixel border between list elements?

All minor stuff of course...overall its looking good.

Thanks,
Jeff