[TYPO3-core] RFC: Add missing docheaders to core modules

Patrick Broens patrick at patrickbroens.nl
Wed Feb 13 08:47:23 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> ok, i tested all and it works fine, +1.
Thanks for testing

> in some views i ask myself why there is an empty docheader while modle has
> controls on top of the form.
> So it looks unique but doesn't make sense to have 2 (nearly) empty rows on
> top.
Indeed, there are some modules where more controls could go to the
docheader, like the options 'Group by', 'Show', 'Display shy
extensions', 'Show obsolete' in the extension manager or all the
dropdowns in Admin tools > Log.

Also the big buttons at the top of the Page module could be deleted. The
functionality of these buttons is in the docheader as well.

I think the best way is to have the same functionality in each row for
each module. First row for Function Menu's, shortcut, save and edit
buttons, the second row for the page information like path, clickmenu
and pid. Leaves all the specific module related stuff to a third row.
And that raises a question. Do we want a third row? Ok, I have a very
big screen on my laptop (1920x1200) and that leaves me enough space, but
is it enough for the regular editors? A lot of these module controls are
dropdowns and checkboxes and need a lot of space. But it's manageable
with 1024x768 screen.

Submodules of the main module Web need some room for the version and
language selector as well. Again, this could be done with a third row.

There was also a discussion of adding the search bar in it, but that's
going to be too much. The same for the checkboxes 'Extended view', 'Show
clipboard' and 'localisation view'. The only way of adding them to the
docheader is to use the same collapsing method as the filter of the page
tree.

I'm in for a third row. But for the look and feel it needs to be visible
at all times as well.

Let's first try to get these remaining docheaders in :-)