[TYPO3-core] RFC #7496: exclude for header_position, header_link

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Tue Feb 12 14:34:16 CET 2008

Hi Georg,

Georg Ringer schrieb:
> Oliver Hader wrote:
>> Hm, but Kasper is right at http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=482
>> If a TYPO3 installation gets upgraded and these fields were used
>> before, it's some work for the admin to re-enable it in the
>> usergroups. But this e.g. could be solved by a compat_mode part and/or
>> a script in the update wizard.
>
> Sorry for being sarcastic but If there is an upgrade to 4.2. every
> website is *really* *broken* if there is PHP < 5.x, every editor will be
> kind of disturbed if a doktype is missing now, the checkboxes underneath
> the bodytext are hidden now, ... so there are always changes with a new
> version

PHP5 is a requirement to run TYPO3 4.2 and PHP4 will not be maintained
by the developers anymore - no way around here. The doktype issue has
its own part in the update wizard or can be used with compatMode.

Of course, new releases have new features and require some changes. I
pointed out in my last post that I can also imagine compatMode and
upgrade wizard for this RFC.

>> The change is only two lines but modifies behaviour compared to older
>> releases. Thus, I look at this as a feature.
>
> it just modifies the behaviour if the admin doesn't adopt anything

I didn't say that I would not like the idea. But it's too late to get
this feature into TYPO3 4.2 after the feature freeze. But, I'm looking
forward to get this into TYPO3 4.3.

olly
--
Oliver Hader