[TYPO3-core] RFC: Feature/Bugfix #7427: Add docheaders to Filelist module

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Sat Feb 9 16:04:00 CET 2008

Benjamin,

Thanks for the early feedback.
Attached is a new patch with comments below your comments.

Benjamin Mack wrote:
> Hey Christoph,
>
> this one bugged me as well, I'm glad the file list is getting a bit more
> attention.
>
> One side note: please add your patch to the initial email for future
> patch requests.

Attached now, sorry about that!

> I'm glad we have you coding here as well :)
>
> After I had a quick look over the code, this is what I got:
>
> 1) stylesheet.css
>
> +BODY#typo3-file-list-php { margin: 0;}
> +BODY#typo3-file-edit-php { margin: 0;}
> +BODY#typo3-file-rename-php { margin: 0;}
> +BODY#typo3-file-upload-php { margin: 0;}
>
> Put it to the rest of the BODY statements, and make it like this
>
> +BODY#typo3-file-list-php,
> +BODY#typo3-file-edit-php,
> +BODY#typo3-file-rename-php,
> +BODY#typo3-file-upload-php { margin: 0;}

Changed in new patch.

> 2) typo3/file_edit.php
>
> Does it hurt to create an extra function getButtons() here as well?
> Would be good.

I left it as it is because there is only one button to add. file_list
has so many buttons that a separate method made sense, this one doesn't.
If you guys insist I will modify it though.

> 3) typo3/file_newfolder.php
>
> Same as 2), and: don't comment out stuff, either remove it (because you
> have an extremely good reason) or comment it out and write a comment
> above why you removed a line.

See above for comment about the addButtons method.
Removed the commented out code, sorry about that, just missed it.

> 4) Removing functions
> I'm not sure how Patrick handled it with his code (haven't had a chance
> to do an extensive code review yet), but I always tried to keep
> backwardscompatibility by adding getButtons() and keeping existing
> functions that make use of getButtons() to do their stuff, setting the
> old functions to deprecated and using getButtons() in the functions
> where we need the buttons. Possible? (Patrick?) Maybe I'm too concerned
> here...

I am holding off on that one for more feedback. I did a global search in
the code for the method I removed and it wasn't used anywhere else. And
since it wasn't a public API method but just an internal helper I
removed it. Like I said, waiting for more feedback.

Christoph