[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7333: Solution for "Page is being generated"

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Thu Feb 7 13:21:59 CET 2008

Martin Kutschker wrote:

>>> Oliver Hader schrieb:
>>> You run a temp. directory over NFS? Why? Anyway if we're concerned we
>>> can make the lock path configurable and state that the file must not
>>> reside on a networked file system.
>> this might be a hard to archive requirement for large hosts.
> [...]
>
> So I'm even more convinced that this must be in some way configurable. I
> think that flock may be a reasonable default. Anyone with special setups
> should be knowing what he does anyway. But I#m with if we decide to turn
> this feature off by default.

Hello again ...

I did have a lot of work with customer projects during last day and couldn't
get the patch ready for feature freeze ...

Also Stucki showed me some patch he made some time ago which solves the
problem that the Page-Configuration get's fetched from cache twice - which
applies to the same code-parts which I have modified.

Michael asked me to incorporate this feature/enhancement into my patch so
we hit two flies with one clap. (Please do not kill flies unnecessarily
now ! :)

I think I can get the patch ready during next week - and we can then put
it into
4.2.1 as this is not really a "feature" but rather fixes the "page is
being generated"
problem which is interpreted by many people as a "bug" ...

--> Now taking my laptop and having a coding session in the sun :)

greets,
Bernhard
--
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit des Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871-1919