[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7333: Solution for "Page is being generated"

Ingo Renner ingo at typo3.org
Tue Feb 5 17:02:56 CET 2008

Michael Stucki wrote:

Hi Michael,

>> * init -> __construct()
>
> I disagree! First, the constructor would not allow any parameters. Second,
> it is not possible to reinitialize an existing object otherwise.

what? who told you so? a constructor can of course take parameters.
how could this work then?

$e = new Exception($message, $code);

what's wrong with the following?

$class  = t3lib_div::makeInstanceClassName('myClass');
$object = new $class($param1, $param2, $paramN);

>> * no $OK variables - what precisely is ok?
>
> I agree that this is sometimes confusing, but in this case it appears pretty
> clear to me, isn't it? Well, I can rename it to $success if you like that
> more...

$success is ok with me.

>> * $is_acquired -> $isAcquired (also does not need initialization during
>> definition as you initialize it in the constructor)
>
> The idea was that the lockObject can be reused by calling init() again.

what for?

> Thank you. However, since the feature is pretty experimental and requires a
> lot of more testing, I thought about turning it off by default. What do you
> think?
>
> I want to avoid that beta1 is considered a failure because some yet
> uncovered problem with this feature...

well, it's a beta so there may be errors... disabling it will not halp
getting the feature tested.

all the best
Ingo

--