[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Tue Feb 5 11:47:03 CET 2008

Hi!

Oliver Hader wrote:
> That this feature can go into the core isn't subject of the discussion
> anymore. The crux of matter is the moment when it shall be committed.

I fully agree!

I see several major points:
- existing pages with doktype=(2|5) <== RESOLVED by Steffen with upgrade script
- TS that uses doktype <== RARE thing, instructions can go to NEWS.txt
- resource leak in latest patch <== TRIVIAL
- extension that use doktype=(2|5) <== NEED TO SOLVE ("die('No such doktype')"???)

If that last two points are solved, I am quite ok with committing. But we have to maek this commit and entry in news.txt with "!!!" of course.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team