[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7370: Remove page doktype 5 (not in menu) and merge Normal with Advanced

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Tue Feb 5 11:14:42 CET 2008

Hi Dmitry,

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] schrieb:
> Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>> Steffen Kamper wrote:
>>> So imho there is no bug in core after this change.
>>
>> Function checkForUpdate does not free SQL result set. This is a memory
>> leak inside httpd2_prefork.
>
> And another bug... What happens if extension uses this code:
>
> t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes('pages','tx_realurl_pathsegment','2','after:nav_title');
>
> Or if extension asks to add field to doktype=5?

I see, then the field isn't shown at all of course. But this demands for
upgrades in extensions with e.g.

// doktype '1' for 4.2, doktype '2' before 4.2:
t3lib_extMgm::addToAllTCAtypes(
   'pages',
   'tx_realurl_pathsegment',
   (t3lib_div::compat_version('4.2') ? '1' : '2'),
   'after:nav_title'
);

If we start to add upgrading core functions to be more tolerant, there's
again no need for others to upgrade their TypoScript and extensions
because "it still works". The fact that doktype=5 was marked as
deprecated in 3.7 and were still have it in current versions emphasizes
the "why change, it still works" stance.

That this feature can go into the core isn't subject of the discussion
anymore. The crux of matter is the moment when it shall be committed.
But: "Time is relative." (A. Einstein)

olly
--
Oliver Hader