[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7337: stdWrap for menu > range & entrylevel

Ernesto Baschny [cron IT] ernst at cron-it.de
Mon Feb 4 22:06:23 CET 2008

Steffen Kamper wrote: on 03.02.2008 16:22:

>> This looks pretty confusing, don't you think?
>>
>> - michael
>> --
>> Use a newsreader! Check out
>
> Hi Michael,
>
> if it's used consequently i think not. The idea is to make stdWrap visual,
> so i used here *|* as synonym.
> If we would have stdWrap everywhere it won't be needed.
>
> It's jsut a suggestion, if any has a better idea, ok. Atm this is mention at
> several points, sometimes in column datatype which is imho also irretating,
> sometimes in description.

The "/+stdWrap" in the datatype field is the standard way of noting that
in the TSref. This has been used that way for ages. It is even
documented, see:

http://typo3.org/documentation/document-library/references/doc_core_tsref/4.1.0/view/3/1/#id3750505

"When a datatype is set to "type /stdWrap" it means that the value is
parsed through the stdWrap function with the properties of the value as
parameters."

If you find "several points" where this is documented otherway, please
point out where, so we can fix that.

Cheers,
Ernesto