[TYPO3-core] RFC #6872: Add suggest-like feature to TCEforms

Christoph Koehler christoph.koehler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 4 21:49:43 CET 2008

In article
<mailman.1811.1202156380.24404.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de>And
reas Wolf <typo3ml at andreaswolf.info> wrote:
>  Hello Christoph,

>  first of all, thanks for testing and your +1 :)

>  | I posted on the bugtracker that I would like to see the same for
>  | simple input fields, not only groups, and am willing to help with
> | that.
>  I have to admit that I don't really understand your point here.
> AFAIK there it's not possible to select database records in input
> fields, so I don't know how we could extend the AJAX selector to be
> usable by input fields. The only thing I could imagine is choosing a
> file or folder from fileadmin/. This would be possible with some
> additional js magic, and itsounds quite interesting.

Andreas,

Let me clarify.
Using IRRE, I can bring up a select field of all possible (foreign)
records that I can pick to associate with the current record I am
editing. But instead of loading all possible foreign records and
packing them into a select field, I would like to just have an input
field and start typing and have the server catch an already somewhat
filtered list of all foreign records. This would allow the backend to
still load fast and allow me an easy way to pick foreign records.
Right now, with the select field, it takes about 15 seconds to load
one select field full of 1500 or so records. I need about 5-10 select
fields, which makes using them not practical at all.

Hope that was clearer.

Christoph

--
I'm using an evaluation license of nemo since 238 days.
You should really try it!