[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7333: Solution for "Page is being generated"

Bernhard Kraft kraftb at kraftb.at
Fri Feb 1 23:19:57 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:

> +		if ($this->TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['disablePageIsBeingGenerated']<=0)	{
>  		$this->tempPageCacheContent();
> +		}
>
> I looked to that part long time ago (more than a year) but I think something else depends on a call to tempPageCacheContent(). Removing it may be unsafe.

tempPageCacheContent is responsible for putting the "Page is being
generated" message
into cache_pages and set appropriate flags.

If you just remove this line you simply disable "Page is being
generated" which will result
in pages getting rendered simultanously if they are requested at the
same time.

But as this is not the only change in the patch - the rest of the patch
takes care that such
an even will never occur by using locking mechanisms ...

greets,
Bernhard
--
Freiheit ist immer Freiheit des Andersdenkenden.
Rosa Luxemburg, 1871-1919