[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7333: Solution for "Page is being generated"

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Fri Feb 1 11:41:06 CET 2008

Hi!

Bernhard Kraft wrote:
> I think I found a solution for the well-known and annoying problem that
> in some situtations you get a:
>
> "Page is being generated"
>
> message when requesting cached-pages. For non-cached pages this problem
> does not exist. But for cached pages in some cases this "message" gets
> generated - some people even think it is some kind of "error message".

Are you sure this code is safe:

+		if ($this->TYPO3_CONF_VARS['FE']['disablePageIsBeingGenerated']<=0)	{
 		$this->tempPageCacheContent();
+		}

I looked to that part long time ago (more than a year) but I think something else depends on a call to tempPageCacheContent(). Removing it may be unsafe.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team