[TYPO3-core] RFC: Introducing TCA 'behaviour'

Oliver Hader oh at inpublica.de
Fri Feb 1 17:54:29 CET 2008

Hi Steffen,

Steffen Kamper schrieb:
> "Oliver Hader" <oh at inpublica.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> news:mailman.1.1201876402.4502.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
>> Hi,
>>
>> this is a general questing concerning new TCA properties.
>>
>> Imagine the following:
>> $TCA['tx_myext_table']['columns']['field'] = array(
>>   'config' => array(
>>     'type' => 'inline',
>>     'foreign_table' => 'tx_myext_child',
>>     'appearance' => array(
>>     ),
>>     'behaviour' => array(
>>       'disableMovingChildrenWithParent' => 1,
>>       'localizationMode' => 'select',
>>       'localizeChildrenAtParentLocalization' => 1,
>>     )
>>   ),
>> );
>>
>> In IRRE there's already the 'appearance' part and the configuration gets
>> extended by a similar 'behaviour' part. The behaviour defines special
>> actions that should happen in a special situation (e.g. localization,
>> moving records or whatever).
>>
>> The regular, general required settings go as usual to 'config':
>> -> config/type, config/foreign_table, etc.
>>
>> The settings that only affect the view go to 'config/appearance':
>> -> config/appearance/showAllLocalizationLink, etc.
>>
>> The settings that define a behaviour in special situations go to
>> 'config/behaviour':
>> -> config/behaviour/localizationMode, etc.
>>
>> I dont't want to change existing properties, but integrate new properties
>> to fit this scheme. So, what do you think?
>>
>> olly
>> --
>> Oliver Hader
>> http://inpublica.de/
>
> Hi Olly,
>
> i like the idea to group this features in 'behavior'. I thought about what i
> imagine with behavior, and first parameter you showed match perfect.
> The two others may be grouped by 'localisation', but the other params belong
> to localisation are in TCA/ctrl-array, so i'm not sure: Do you need
> localisation mode different for each field or is it a global setting?

Thanks for your feedback! The localization is in another RFC, this was
just about a new 'behaviour' part/container for TCA in general... ;)
But, the answer concerning localization is: Since one parent record can
have many fields for children, it might happen that localization is
different for the children.

olly
--
Oliver Hader