[TYPO3-core] RFC: Introducing TCA 'behaviour'

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 1 17:39:24 CET 2008

"Oliver Hader" <oh at inpublica.de> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1201876402.4502.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hi,
>
> this is a general questing concerning new TCA properties.
>
> Imagine the following:
> $TCA['tx_myext_table']['columns']['field'] = array(
>   'config' => array(
>     'type' => 'inline',
>     'foreign_table' => 'tx_myext_child',
>     'appearance' => array(
>     ),
>     'behaviour' => array(
>       'disableMovingChildrenWithParent' => 1,
>       'localizationMode' => 'select',
>       'localizeChildrenAtParentLocalization' => 1,
>     )
>   ),
> );
>
> In IRRE there's already the 'appearance' part and the configuration gets
> extended by a similar 'behaviour' part. The behaviour defines special
> actions that should happen in a special situation (e.g. localization,
> moving records or whatever).
>
> The regular, general required settings go as usual to 'config':
> -> config/type, config/foreign_table, etc.
>
> The settings that only affect the view go to 'config/appearance':
> -> config/appearance/showAllLocalizationLink, etc.
>
> The settings that define a behaviour in special situations go to
> 'config/behaviour':
> -> config/behaviour/localizationMode, etc.
>
> I dont't want to change existing properties, but integrate new properties
> to fit this scheme. So, what do you think?
>
> olly
> --
> Oliver Hader
> http://inpublica.de/

Hi Olly,

i like the idea to group this features in 'behavior'. I thought about what i
imagine with behavior, and first parameter you showed match perfect.
The two others may be grouped by 'localisation', but the other params belong
to localisation are in TCA/ctrl-array, so i'm not sure: Do you need
localisation mode different for each field or is it a global setting?

vg  Steffen