[TYPO3-core] RFC Feature #7336: Improve usability of Constants Editor

Steffen Kamper steffen at sk-typo3.de
Fri Feb 1 10:02:25 CET 2008

"Jeff Segars" <jsegars at alumni.rice.edu> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
news:mailman.1.1201844114.13858.typo3-team-core at lists.netfielders.de...
> Hey guys,
>
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Feature
>
> Bugtracker references: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=7336
>
> Branches: Trunk
>
> Problem:
> The current Constants Editor requires clicking on a checkbox and
> reloading the entire editing form in order to edit a single constant.
>
> Solution:
> This can be improved by using Javascript to make the editing more dynamic.
>
> A demo of this dynamic editing can be seen at
> http://webempoweredchurch.com/fileadmin/proj/misc/constants_editor.mp4
>
> In addition, the HTML output of the submodule can be cleaned up to
> produce more semantically valid HTML and the overall code formatting of
> the Constants Editor can be cleaned up.
>
> Notes:
> There's still plenty of room for discussion on this patch. Is a trash
> can the appropriate icon or should we have something that indicates
> close or rollback instead of delete.
>
> We'll also need integration with the new docheader for the Templates
> module once Patrick and Benni are done.
>
> As such, this is an attempt to get the patch out there for inclusion in
> 4.2, but I expect there will be some refinements needed.
>

> Thanks,
> Jeff

Hi Jeff,

i tested and works. +1 for this.

I would like to change trashcan icon because action is not delete, it's
reset. I don't know if we have an icon for. may be redo icon is something
for.

One nitpicking: I don't like to have the action written in onclick, it would
be better to create an extra js file for it and make a class with
clickobserver like the others in BE. It's better to maintain / extend. i
think in general with prototype we should try to get rid of the onclick to
seperate hatml and JS.

vg Steffen