[TYPO3-core] RFC #10035: Cleanup: Function index not up to date in class t3lib_div

Oliver Hader oliver at typo3.org
Tue Dec 30 17:17:00 CET 2008

Hi Francois,

Francois Suter schrieb:
> Hi Jeff,
>
>> At the risk of derailing things with a process-related question, when
>> should the function indexes be updated via extdeveval? Missing
>> functions are obviously wrong, but what about line number changes, etc.
>
> A little derailing indeed, but a necessary one :-)
>
> Maybe the rule could be that anyone who changes a class file which has a
> function index must update that index before committing the changes?

I don't think that's necessary during development and will produce an
overhead of commits of those index stuff. IMO the indexes are only
helpful when one uses an editor instead of an IDE to develop.
Currently not every class file has such an index of functions.

The update on using extdeveval should be done before each release after
a final release (e.g. 4.3.0, 4.3.1, 4.2.4 - but not for 4.3-alpha2) as
one big non-functional commit.

olly
--
Oliver Hader