[TYPO3-core] RFC #10035: Cleanup: Function index not up to date in class t3lib_div

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Tue Dec 30 17:16:19 CET 2008

Jeff Segars schrieb:
> Francois Suter wrote:
>> 15 functions are missing from the index in t3lib_div, making them hard
>> to spot :-)
>
> At the risk of derailing things with a process-related question, when
> should the function indexes be updated via extdeveval? Missing functions
> are obviously wrong, but what about line number changes, etc.
>
> I had assumed this was done as part of the release process or something,
> but it looks like I was probably wrong on that one :)

Seems so. I guess that this means all indices are outdated. Anyway,
wasn't there a decision to remove the index for 4.3? The reasoning was
that all IDEs support some kind of "function finder" and so it's of
little use.

BTW, even more outdated are the usage counts. I think we should either
update them or remove them. I tend to remove them as I don't think we
can automate it and it's too much work to do it manually for every release.

Masi