[TYPO3-core] RFC #10011: New feature: TypoScript Condition to check for installed extensions

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Dec 29 11:01:34 CET 2008

Franz Holzinger schrieb:

>> or
>> [extensionIsLoaded = realurl]
>
> 'isLoaded' is misleading. You do not load an extension. An extension is
> just installed and thereby enabled.

Well, the internal API and the EM UI option uses the word "loaded".
Unfortunately in TYPO3 are used two words for enabling an extension: you
"install" it and then it is "loaded".

Personally I tend a bit to use "installed" for extensions that are
present in on of the (sys)ext folders, but not necessarily enabled.

Probabyl it would be the best to clean up the wording before choosing a
final name. I think that the patch can be commited, but with a reminder
to check the name again before the final releas of 4.3.

Masi