[TYPO3-core] RFC #9861: Second page of results in list-module with ordering flaw

Christian Kuhn lolli at schwarzbu.ch
Tue Dec 23 05:48:43 CET 2008

Hi,

Niels Fröhling wrote:
> This is a SVN patch request.
>
> Type: Bugfix
> Bugtracker Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9861
>
> Branch: trunk only
>
> Problem:
> Ordering on second page of results in list-views is incomplete and
> destructive.
> This is because the prev & prevprev ID from the previous page are
> unknown to the list-function.
>
> Solution:
> * fetch the required prev & prevprev IDs

Moving first element of second page up fails with your patch, tested
with tt_content and tx_comments_comment records. I receive two error
messages:

1: Attempt to insert a record on page '' (1668) from table 'tt_content'
without permissions. Or non-existing page.

1: Attempt to move record '101' (tt_content:1666) without having
permissions to insert.

In this case tt_content:1666 is the record I am trying to move up, and
1668 is the second last record on the previous page (this means 1666
should be sorted as next record after 1668).

 From the error message it seems the system tries to insert the record
on _page_ 1668.

Cheers
Christian