[TYPO3-core] RFC #9679: TYPO3 makes external URL wrong

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Dec 18 20:42:35 CET 2008

Hi!

This is SVN patch request.

Type: bug

Branches: trunk, 4.2, 4.1

BT reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9679

Problem: t3lib_parsehtml_proc::urlInfoForLinkTags() corrupts external URLs under certain conditions. For example, suppose you have two domains in the same installation: domainA and domainB. You are logged in to domainA (http://domainA/typo3/) but you edit page in the domainB (very real use case!). You insert an external URL to domainA (say, http://domainA/path/to/page). Next you save text in the RTE and look in FE. You will see that URL became linked to the domainB instead of domainA as you entered it (it becomes http://domainB/path/to/page). There is no way to avoid it except for relogin to another domain but then you get opposite links wrong (closed circle with no exit). The problem happens because the function in question attempts to change external URLs. External URLs must stay untouched because they are external! TYPO3 has no right to change them under any conditions.

Solution: modify function so that it does not change external URLs.

(I have a bad feeling that this patch will not be reviewed. But I am not willing to send it as FYI72 because it needs testing)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team