[TYPO3-core] FYI72: #9947: gzip compression does not work in BE at all

Martin Kutschker masi-no at spam-typo3.org
Mon Dec 15 21:44:11 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:

> What do you think?

Actually I always wondered why we used the code. So fine with me to
remove it.

For 4.2 and 4.1 I would't use your patch, but add a handler method to
"gzip_encode" and use it *. Using the PHP class is more in line with the
existing and working FE code. Even if it never worked in the BE I don't
want to add a dependency in a bug-fix release.

For trunk I suggest to remove it for both FE and BE. If anyone thinks we
need it for compatibily I'm fine with yet another config option to
choose the compression method of your choice.

Masi

* I can do that if you want.