[TYPO3-core] RFC #9879: enable charlist for trim function in stdWrap

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry at typo3.org
Wed Dec 3 10:46:06 CET 2008

Hi!

Georg Ringer wrote:
> Type: Feature
> Bugtracker Reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9879
>
> Branch: trunk
>
> Problem:
> The trim function of stdwrap is limited to whitespaces but it would be
> very nice to be able to trim any other char too, e.g. a , or whatsoever
>
> Solution:
> Set a new option charList to define the chars which should get trimmed too.

I am almost ready to give +1. One thing bothers me. Example:

10 = TEXT
10.value = * Hello, world! *
10.trim = 1
10.trim.charList = *

How do I trim spaces as well? Probably I can use

10.stdWrap.trim = 1

I am not sure we need another way (with separators like in noTrimWrap). This should be mentioned in the documentation as example.

Please, use a single space between ) and { in "if"s :) No need to post a new patch only for this though...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 core team