[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9863: [Feature] Adding sysext tsbrowser

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Tue Dec 2 10:10:42 CET 2008

Dmitry Dulepov schrieb:
> Hi!
>
> Uschi Renziehausen wrote:
>> the most important change difference to me is that you *see* your
>> current settings, i.e. what is the result of what all those extensions
>> and you yourself have done to your template! In the normal tsbrowser you
>> see each and every option, which is not helpfull when you just want to
>> know what your config key results in.
>
> TS object browser shows final TS: your own TS overrides TS provided
> by extensions. Or do you mean something different?
>
>> And you have it where you need it: directly beneath under your setup
>> area, you just need scroll a little up and down, and all you want is at
>> your hand.
>
> How does it help you in your work? I am interested in practical
> value for people other than me.

You have to save it, change the view to OB, copy the node, switch back
and edit again - not really nice workflow.

> And I still would like to know why cannot such extension be
> installed by you from TER ;)

I can, and i will do as there seems no really interest here.
Again, main problem is that you can't use nackpath in CSS, so the only
way is to copy the icons from TYPO3 to the extension to have a fix path.

vg Steffen