[TYPO3-core] FYI72: bug #9645: Memcached backend is not working properly

Karsten Dambekalns karsten at typo3.org
Mon Dec 1 09:51:48 CET 2008

Hi.

Note: I looked at v2 of the patch as posted later by Dmitry.

On 27.11.2008, at 15:08, Dmitry Dulepov wrote:
> Problem: memcached backend is unusable in 4.3 due to the following
> problems:
> - cache is not cleared when modifying content using Page or List
> module
> - TCEMAIN.clearCacheCmd has no effect with Memcached backend (same
> cause as for problem #1)
> - clearing cache does not work from CLI scripts

Only relevant to the 4.x backport.

> - memcached keys contain extra underscore character (unnecessary
> lengthening of they key)
> - removing identifier will take a lot of time and memory when cache
> contains thousands of pages and lots of tags

Also relevant for FLOW3.

> Solution: the attached patch fixes these problems by using proper
> identifier prefix and by utilizing reverse index between tags and
> identifiers.

I used those changes (plus some of the documentation additions for the
FLOW3 version of the file.

No objections to the patch! ;) Thanks Dmitry!

Regards,
Karsten
--
Karsten Dambekalns