[TYPO3-core] RFC #9852: Feature: Provide a random byte generator in TYPO3 Core

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 09:00:38 CET 2008

Hi!

Karsten Dambekalns wrote:
> A string is a string is not an array. With {} it is clear what is meant.

{} in PHP always meant blocks of code (like "if (1) { ; }"). So I do
not understand why they changed syntax. PHP syntax was taken from C,
C uses []. I never saw this change as motivated.

> Plus, as you said, array access for strings is deprecated.

I do not argue with it :) I just say that it was a decision I never
could understand from the practical point of view. Change because of
the change, may be? :)

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support