[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9863: [Feature] Adding sysext tsbrowser

Dmitry Dulepov dmitry.dulepov at gmail.com
Mon Dec 1 14:04:08 CET 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> the complete sysext is about 16KB which is very small, so it doesn't
> hurt really.
> The problem of sysext/normal ext is about the paths in CSS, as here are
> used the typo3-images only.

So you make this extension a sysext because of the problem with CSS
paths? Shouldn't CSS be fixed instead? Otherwise we all will start
adding exts to the core because CSS or JS or whatever else is not
correct.

If it is a normal ext and uses hooks, you should be able to specify
your own CSS with paths to the images as you need. Can't you do it
with your extension?

Bad CSS paths is not a reason to make a sysext from an extension. An
extension becomes a sysext only if (1) majority of people will use
it or (2) it is necessary for the core.

> As this is my proposal only you're free to vote pro/contra ;-)

Which I did. I still see no need to make it a sysext.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 translations support