[TYPO3-core] RFC #8232: Creating and editing of fields, forms, etc. in FCE's is impossible if there is a section inside

Benjamin Mack benni at typo3.org
Fri Aug 15 21:54:26 CEST 2008

Hey Dmitry,

the current code of the TCEforms rewrite is in our list module SVN,
completely open and public to anyone [1]. I'm pretty sure that it was
announced somewhere. Should I write on every bug I find in the BT and
the core list that I might do some work on that part so others don't
work on that at the same time? If so, we really gotta do A LOT (!) more
communication in the community and the team.

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] wrote:
>> If you refuse to redo the patch (which will not be difficult, I will
>> assure you), then I'll do that once Andreas' changes are coming.
>
> Yes, I refuse to rewrite it. I already did it. So if my work is lost, I
> am not to repeat it.
That's right. Quoting yourself "we are a team". That's why I will help
you and want to do that, why are you so stubborn against people that
offer help to you? Man, what do you think I was doing with that reply to
your RFC? Making you upset and angry? That was NOT the purpose of my
email, and if you don't get that I'm sorry for you. I gotta say, every
time somebody does some work (Andreas) or offers to help (me, rewriting
your patch), there is this attitude of some people disliking it, instead
of welcoming the participation and development. I am truly PISSED (well,
you hardly see this kind of word coming from me!) about that attitude.

I share your feelings about making public announcements of current work,
in case you did not notice, I try to do so (see simulatestatic, extjs or
mass uploaderm). However, I think what we're doing with the TCEforms is
NOT part of that problem.

--
greetings,
benni.