[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9167: Feature: Mark extension as write protected

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Aug 14 10:40:59 CEST 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> i see your points, but whole EM is terrible from the code. Colors are
> all hardcoded, Strings are all hardcoded. So i concentrated on the
> functional. There should be a run for
> a) move hardcoded strings to locallang
> b) move colors to stylesheet
> c) cleanup code
> b) maybe rewrite the whole thing
> IIRC you had a simular problem with one of your latest patches.
>
> I removed white space changes and one forgetten debug, so attached patch
> shows the real changes

Ow, now I see it! In the first patch I understood that you added colors but did not catch where. Now it is more clear and I see that it fits into existing code.

Another thing. When go to "Import", I see "WP". WP is commonly associated with WordPress (WPthemes, etc). So I decided to replace it with a warning icon ;)

Additionally extension still could be imported by clicking on its link in the "Import view". I disabled that.

What do you think about changing write_protected to write-protected? It is more natural for humans to use dash instead of underscore.

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team