[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9167: Feature: Mark extension as write protected

Xavier Perseguers typo3 at perseguers.ch
Thu Aug 14 09:30:50 CEST 2008

Hi Steffen,

>> Solution:
>> This patch introduces the state "write_protected"
>> As soon you set this for an extension in em_conf, it will be shown in
>> EM list, update feature is disabled (for check for updates and import)
>>
> The idea is good but there are few notes.

Yes, the idea is very good.

> The property is logically boolean. So use true/false. We should be more
> strict about such things.

If I understand Dmitry properly, the state of the extension should not
be changed. A stable extension should still remains "stable" but its
write-property should be set to TRUE.

Also, I do not really like the term "write-protected", I would prefer
something like the "pin" property of apt on Debian (stick to one
version) or something like "locked"

--
Xavier Perseguers
http://xavier.perseguers.ch/en/tutorials/typo3.html