[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9167: Feature: Mark extension as write protected

Dmitry Dulepov [typo3] dmitry at typo3.org
Thu Aug 14 08:29:49 CEST 2008

Hi!

Steffen Kamper wrote:
> Type: Feature
>
> Bugtracker reference: http://bugs.typo3.org/view.php?id=9167
>
> Branches: trunk
>
> Problem:
> There are cases where you have to modify extensions. But as soon as
> someone updates the extension the modification is gone.
>
> Solution:
> This patch introduces the state "write_protected"
> As soon you set this for an extension in em_conf, it will be shown in EM
> list, update feature is disabled (for check for updates and import)
>
> See screenshots as i did this with comments extension.

The idea is good but there are few notes.

There lots of non-modified line in the patch :( Hard to see what was really changed. Can you clean it up? If you use command-line diff, "-w" will help. Or you may choose an option to ignore whitespace change in your other diff application.

I see you added coloring. I am against that. Colors should be defined by skin only.

The property is logically boolean. So use true/false. We should be more strict about such things.

Also strings seems to be hard-coded, which we do not this anymore...

--
Dmitry Dulepov
TYPO3 Core team