[TYPO3-core] RFC: #9109: Enable feature in element browser in rte like in normal one

Steffen Kamper info at sk-typo3.de
Wed Aug 13 20:43:48 CEST 2008

Hi,

i made a new version of the patch regarding comments from Stan.
Additional i did some reformatting according to GPL.

Stanislas Rolland schrieb:

> It seems that in the base class (class.browse_links.php), the upload
> form is never shown whatever the current filemount. Not sure this is how
> it should be. It would be nicer if it would be available when the user
> has update rights. In fact, if uploadForm($path) and createFolder($path)
> were to return an empty string when not allowed for the $path, this
> would take care of the EB and RTE at once (but not DAM which has its own
> forms).

that's correct. This was part of Kaspers patch, that if additional
filemounts are set, the browser is read_only. So in general there is no
upload / create folder.

I think the best would be to look to the selected folder if it's part of
the read_only part, as there are the regular filemounts where user is
allowed to upload to.
I would like to do this in a follow up patch.

> Some additional comments:
> In typo3/browse_links.php and rtehtmlarea/mod3/browse_links.php, it
> would be better if mountpoints were set before the browserRendering
> hooks are invoked. In the case of RTE image insertion, setting
> filemounts should be done in rtehtmlarea/mod4/select_image.php (also
> before browserRendering hooks are invoked), not in
> class.tx_rtehtmlarea_select_image.php. With these changes to the patch,
> the feature would be correctly handled by DAM as well, in all cases,
> without any change to DAM.

that's true. I moved the mounts before the hook, so with DAM the browser
has the additional filemounts too.
The Problem is the read_only which is not available in the hook, but as
mentioned before this "simple" flag should be replaced with check of
selected folder.

vg Steffen