[TYPO3-core] RFC: #7612: cannot clear extension's FE cache from Backend

Rupert Germann rg at rupert-germann.de
Wed Apr 23 12:54:18 CEST 2008

On Mittwoch, 23. April 2008, Oliver Klee wrote:
> Thanks for the clarification. So the reported bug (a cached extension
> output hangs on for dear life and won't go away by clearing all caches)
> must have a different cause.

indeed it has. And - how to say this diplomatically - it might be more simple
than it would be appropriate for the core list.

the information Franz wanted to clear from the db cache is simply not stored
in the DB it's either stored in cached TCA in PHP or it's LL information
which is stored in typo3temp.

so clicking the green clear cache button would be correct here (at least for
TCA stuff).

but however: I'm not happy with the "clear cache button situation" like it is
right now. Compared to 4.1 it's unhandy. A partly solution would be to clear
both caches (db and files) with one button which would save 50% of the
unneeded clicks.

but that's becoming off-topic for the core list.

greets
rupert

PS: READ THE SOURCE, kids!

sorry, das musste jetzt mal sein ;-)