[TYPO3-core] RFC: #8153: [left frame-width] left frame too small for german users

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Tue Apr 22 16:06:36 CEST 2008

Hi,

Martin Kutschker schrieb:
> Steffen Kamper schrieb:
>>
>> There was a possibility to define the width before with
>> $TBE_STYLES['dims']['leftMenuFrameW']
>> I reintroduced this value, so a skin ext has the possibility to vary,
>> also
>> this can be defined in extTables.php for individual setting.
>
> So +1 for regaining compatibility. The patch looks reasonble to me, but
> I have not tested it.

+1 after reading and testing.

However, since Ingo denied to increase the  width of the left frame, we
can adjust the default values to 159px (which is the hardcoded setting
now) in backend.php and t3skin.

But I don't see any technical problem increasing the width a bit
(besides that the main frame is a little bit smaller, and there _are_
problems with topmenu and docheader with small viewport).

At least the non functional $TBE_STYLES setting should be included again.

Kind regards
Helmut