[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #4186 GIFBUILDER cropsized images have bad quality

Helmut Hummel typo3 at jhpc.de
Fri Apr 11 19:08:29 CEST 2008

Hi Martin,

Martin Kutschker wrote:

> This is what the ImageMagick documentation has to say about the
> exlamantion mark (!):

Thanks a lot for your comments!

> To be honest, I don't understand what this means.

:) I think there is no way understanding it, but we can learn by examples from here:

http://www.imagemagick.org/Usage/crop/#crop

> Maybe someone else can
> check out, if removing it at this place is ok. I hope so, because the
> GraphicsMagick docs say nothing about the exclamation mark.

I don't know how the canvas support of im is used by the TYPO3 gifbuilder, but I
have the feeling, that it is not used at all. If my feelings are right, omitting
the exclamation mark would do no harm, but perhaps someone else has the
knowledge to prove this.

Anyways now I'm sure, that im 4 does not support the canvas adjustment feature:

"From ImageMagick version 6.2.4-5, you can add a new special flag to the "-crop"
argument. This flag '!' will tell crop to adjust the canvas/page information of
the returned image so that it is relative to the area cropped."

--
lib.salutation = TEXT
lib.salutation.value = Kind regards, Helmut