[TYPO3-core] RFC: Bugfix #4186 GIFBUILDER cropsized images have bad quality

Martin Kutschker martin.kutschker-n0spam at no5pam-blackbox.net
Fri Apr 11 18:23:02 CEST 2008

Helmut Hummel schrieb:
> Hi,
>
> This one really nagged me, so I played around a little bit and by
> accident I found that im-4.2.9 does not like the exclamation mark behind
> the geometrics!
>
> Martin Kutschker wrote:
>>
>> I know this comment, but I still think it's time to move on. But maybe
>> someone can find out what exactly breaks when it comes to cropping.

This is what the ImageMagick documentation has to say about the
exlamantion mark (!):

"By adding a exclamation character flag to the geometry argument, the
cropped images virtual canvas page size and offset will be set as if the
geometry argument was a viewport or window. This means the canvas page
size will be set to exactly the same size you specified, the the image
offset set relative to top left corner of the region cropped."

To be honest, I don't understand what this means. Maybe someone else can
check out, if removing it at this place is ok. I hope so, because the
GraphicsMagick docs say nothing about the exclamation mark.

Masi